Information for the Construction Process in Los Angeles
In this blog you will be able to find relevant information to plan and execute your civil or industrial construction project.
We have extensive experience in civil and industrial construction in Los Angeles to guide you in the regulatory aspect as well as design and project development services.
According with the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety; The construction process in Los Angeles has the following procedures.
1. Get zoning and property information from ZIMAS, an online research tool from the City Planning department.
2. Design your project and draw plans
3. Submit plans and complete a permit application at an LADBS office.
Separate approvals may be needed from other departments and agencies, depending on the project scope. They may include Planning, Fire, Public Works, Transportation, CRA LA, Housing, DWP, Cultural Affairs, Health, AQMD, LAUSD, Oil and Gas, Cal OSHA
4. Plans are approved by LADBS and a permit is issued, which may be picked up at an LADBS office.
5. Construction begins, and inspections are requested while construction is occurring.
6. Final inspection is performed and a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.